Thursday, February 21, 2008

Broccoli Cheese Soup

broccoli cheese soup paired with tomato basil bread from Panera

My sister Lindsay gave me this recipe. It's from a lady we went to church with long, long ago.

1 8-oz. block of mild Mexican Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes
1 large bag of frozen broccoli florets, cooked according to package directions
1 large onion, chopped and sauteed
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
3 large cans evaporated milk

Combine cooked broccoli and sauteed onion in large pot; add cheese and stir until almost melted.

Stir in soup and evaporated milk; cook over medium-low heat until hot throughout, about 20 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent soup from scalding on the bottom.

Season to taste.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many servings will this recipe make? Can it be halved?

Sounds delicious and I really do LOVE this blog. The pictures really do add to it.

Love to all
Aunt Sue

Ashley said...

I'm not sure about the servings. Let's see... All four of us had some the first night. The second night, three of us had it on top of baked potatoes, and there was a little left. Probably 6-8 servings, then.

I guess you could half the recipe. Just use half a block of the cheese, a small package of broccoli, 1 can of c/m soup, 1/2 an onion (or less), and a couple small cans of evaporated milk. (I'm not sure how many ounces are in a large can...) Even if you go ahead and make the full recipe, the soup's good left over.

Thank you for the compliments!

larsita said...

I am thinking about making this for supper tonight! Yummmm! It is definitely soup weather! I just made my little Walmart list...