Friday, March 14, 2008

Tuscan Chicken

Tuscan Chicken served over angel hair pasta, garlic bread on the side


1 lb. chicken tenders
3 Tbsp. Pampered Chef Italian Seasoning Mix, divided
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 can diced Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
1 can black olives, sliced
1 small pkg. mushrooms, sliced
1/4 c. water
fresh grated Parmesan cheese, optional

Thaw chicken and trim fat; coat with 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning. Heat oil in skillet and cook chicken until done. Add tomatoes and liquid, olives, mushrooms, remaining seasoning, and water. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Serve over pasta and top with cheese.

*The original recipe came from the McCormick One-Step Italian Seasoning jar, but I haven't been able to find it in several months. I copied down the recipe before I threw away my last empty container of it and have added a few ingredients here and there. My friend Kim mentioned putting Parmesan cheese on top of a similar dish that she makes. That was an "Aha!" moment. I hadn't thought of that, even though Parmesan cheese is one of my staples.

3 comments:

Jjlrdomom said...

Yum! I've added this to this week's menu!
Thanks!

Jjlrdomom said...

We had this for dinner last night and it was delicious!!!!! Thanks for the recipe!! I used crushed tomatoes instead of stewed, which was okay, but I think next time I'll use a can of crushed and a can of diced.

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Amyj is my sister and I got this recipe of yours off her blog. Thank you, it was delicious. we are going to add it to our dinner rotation, and probably come back for more...
Beck